Re: [MirageOS-devel] [Xen-API] Xapi project repositories

Thomas Gazagnaire wrote:
> >> These forking relationship problems need to be fixed by the people who
> own the upstream repo. I don't think it's quite as simple as clicking the
> 'transfer repository' button. If anyone knows the exact procedure for doing
> this, could they please reply?
> >
> > What I've done in the past is clicked 'transfer repository' to xapi-project
> > or
> xenserver, then forked back to my own account.
> >
> > This seemed to work fine. I might only have done this with repos that had
> only a master branch, so we should make sure it works with repos with
> multiple branches (but I can't see why it wouldn't).
>
> Indeed, this should work fine, we did it plenty of time with mirage repos.
> Github also automatically sets up redirect, so everything is transparent for
> users.

Good to know, though there would still be a certain amount of hassle
involved in getting the initial parent repository into the right state, moving
the xapi-project fork aside and so on.

I asked Github Support for advice, and received this:

> We can make a repository the root in the fork network if we receive
> confirmation from the owner of the repository which is the current
> root in the fork network.

> If you get the owner(s) of the current fork network root repositories
> to email us directly, we can make the adjustment to the fork network
> as requested.

This looks like the easiest approach.

Thomas Sanders