[MirageOS-devel] release 0.8.3 of irmin

Hi all,

I've just released in opam a new point release of Irmin (0.8.3), which was used
by Dave Scott to produce an awesome video of a Xen VM booting using an
Irmin-backed version of Xenstore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSzvFwIVm5s

The full list of changes:
* Views now keep track of their parent commits - this makes View.merge_path
looks like a merge between branches. All the view operations are squashed into
a unique commit.
* Add View.rebase_path (same behaviour as the previous View.merge_path)
* Better graphs, where we only show the commit history (the full graph is still
available using `--full` on the command-lineor or `?full=1` on the web
interface)
* By default, do not call `dot` when dumping a graph on the command-line. `dot`
does not like big graphs, but that's still useful to have the `.dot` file to
analyze it.

The only missing feature before the 1.0 release is the implementation of a
simple GC to collect old/unreachable objects in the store. Don't expect
something too clever here, but this is needed to deploy Irmin on real systems
with limited resources.

Best,
Thomas