Re: [MirageOS-devel] Whole Program Optimization in Mirage

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 08:29:48AM +0000, Malcolm Matalka wrote:
> I've seen it mentioned a few times that Mirage does WPO.  Is there
> documentation on what exactly this means?  I am under the impression
> that the ocaml compiler does not do whole program optimization.
>
> Thanks,
> /M

The ocaml compiler does at least cross module inlining. So it does
more than just optimizing each compilation unit on its own. That
mostly means that unlike in C/C++ trivial functions in modules (e.g.
let length t = t.length) are not slow because they will get inlined
where used.

MfG
        Goswin