Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage questions from writing a REST service

On 9 Jul 2014, at 17:27, Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9 Jul 2014, at 16:21, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> [...]
>>>
>>> Need some more details on the nature of these unit tests, as I don't
>>> understand what you mean by 'conflicting names'.  Can each unit test
>>> be compiled as a separate unikernel (so it'll work on Xen) via some
>>> config.ml code?
>>
>> I hadn't thought of running the tests on Xen, though that does make sense.
>>
>> I'd need some way for OUnit to run tests that return a unit Lwt.t.
>
> In OUnit test cases I normally use ‘Lwt_main.run’ to convert ‘unit Lwt.t’
> into ‘unit’.

But it's a little tricker in Mirage since we don't have that run function
until the Job functor is applied.

It's probably easier to modify oUnit to pass in a run function  that
parameterises tests; it's a very simple library.  We need to get rid
of the Unix-specific bits anyway (unless it uses channels for everything).