Re: [MirageOS-devel] Error handling in Mirage

Le jeudi, 10 juillet 2014 Ã 11:47, Anil Madhavapeddy a Ãcrit :

> Thoughts from others welcome -- I like Thomas' proposal and think that it
> finds the sweet spot between forcing fully generic handling of polymorphic
> variants and throwing exceptions everywhere.

If these exceptions are not supposed to be catched except at the toplevel (i.e
are really *exceptional*) the proposal is the right design according to my
book.

Just one thing, the other exceptions you defined are very clear by reading them
but this one is suspicious:

    exception Unknown of string with sexp

What's the exact use case for that one ?

* API misuse by a client ? that should be Invalid_argument
* Internal error ? that should be an Assert_error

Daniel