Re: [MirageOS-devel] Windows shares through Mirage?

Hi,

I think the easiest way to access data from windows would be to expose an HTTP server in your Mirage application. The HTTP code is robust and in use all over the place.

Another option (which I haven't tried) would be to expose the git protocol via Irmin and then use a Windows git client like 'tortoisegit' which integrates with the Windows shell. This would give you history tracking for free. We plan to use irmin/git all over the place in Mirage so, even though the code is quite new, I feel happy recommending it.

We don't have a library which can talk SMB/CIFS (the protocol used by Samba and Windows) and it's reputed to be quite complex so it would take a lot of effort to implement.

Cheers,