[MirageOS-devel] Doc Day Tomorrow: Mirage V2

Greetings Miragites!

Document Day for Wiki.XenProject.org is tomorrow (Wednesday).

With the release of Mirage V2, it seems to me that some basic documentation of Mirage V2 should find its way into Wiki.XenProject.org. Certainly, there are some pages already assembled under the "Mirage" category, but I think there is far more to be said.

After talking with Richard at OSCON, I am convinced that we need a "Why Mirage?" type document on the Xen Project wiki -- a document which explains why this concept of library OS/Cloud OS/unikernel should be of interest to users.  I've started a page called "Cloud Operating Systems" which tries to address the concept at a very high level.  It would be good to see that tie in to a more detailed page -- although not in the technical weeds -- which explains why Mirage itself is worth exploring.  What problems can it solve?  Why should people looking at Linux Containers look at Mirage?  What current and future scenarios will it facilitate?  Basically, something similar to your "Overview of Mirage" page on your website, complete with links to your docs, needs to be presented on our wiki.

I know many pages of excellent docs are in place on your own website, and those should stay where they are right now.  But it would be extremely useful to see some basic introductory information on the Xen Project Wiki with links to the appropriate details on the Mirage docs.  Readers of the Xen Project Wiki should be enticed to learn more about Mirage.  Right now, we lack the interesting introductory material which will draw them over to your site.

If anyone is willing to pitch in tomorrow to help create a page (or pages) on Wiki.XenProject.org to lead folks to the Mirage docs and blogs, that would be wonderful!

The usual Doc Day info can be found here:

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Document_Days

Hope to see you tomorrow on #xendocs!

Russ Pavlicek
Xen Project Document Day Noisemaker