Re: [MirageOS-devel] string_of_id for netif

On 14 Aug 2014, at 17:22, Tom Brown <tom.jrbrown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks that function string_of_id in netif, which returns network interface
> id as a string, doesn't exists any more (the same as id_of_string). any
> suggestion please?

What context are you trying to use this in?  mirage-net-unix/xen just expose
the type id=string;

    include V1.NETWORK
    with type 'a io = 'a Lwt.t
    and type     page_aligned_buffer = Io_page.t
    and type     buffer = Cstruct.t
    and type     id = string
    and type     macaddr = Macaddr.t

Are you trying to use it within a JOB functor, where it's still abstract?  I'm
plumbing through sexpr conversion functions for that usecase -- or do you
specifically need string for something?