Re: [MirageOS-devel] Xen access to the GPU

> I have a somewhat silly question.  Does Xen have access to the on-board GPU
> and can Mirage access the Graphics Processing Unit to use it as a calculation
> engine?
>
> I am not looking to mine bitcoins but if it is there it might be useful for
> calculation intensive functions since I will not be using it for openGL
> graphics.

Xen domu can be configured to have direct GPU passthrough and we have SPOC to
compile OCaml code to GPU kernels, so I guess the two things can be connected
somehow. I'm not sure anyone already done this and how feasible it is, but that
could be an interesting try!

Thomas