[MirageOS-devel] Really fascinating

I was told about the project from a friend and I must say that I agree with him: wow! I'm truly impressed with what is going on and the potential of what is happening. Just, wow.

I would love to being exploring some of these ideas and concepts, along with learning OCaml, so I've picked a few books, setup a sandbox that I can play with ( both Xen and dev side ), but have run into some things that I would like to get a little clarification on.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask these questions. If you will let me know the correct place, I'll send them there.

I notice that both the Xen page and the open mirage site says that 2.0 is available, but I can only see 1.2 in the OPAM repositories that are installed by default. Is there a different repository that I should be connecting to in order to get the lastest and greatest?

One of the easier scenario's for bringing these ideas into my workplace is setting a small REST or REST/SPA application as a proof of concept ( our CTO loves POCs ), but I don't find much in the way of documentation. The article atÂhttp://roscidus.com/blog/blog/2014/07/28/my-first-unikernel/, which is incredibly helpful by the way, only shows how to handle requests with non-parameterized URLs. Using cohttp, can we do parameterized URLs such as /resource/{id} or /blog/{articleId}/comments?

Using theÂhttps://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton as a point of exploration, the static_website fails to build with an error in the config.ml on line 41 ( conduit_direct ). Is there a package missing or something else that will resolve the build failure? Or is it related to having the 1.2 packages instead of the 2.0 packages?

How do you handle configuration? For instance, you build an application that generates one xen image per person, would you copy over the specific user information prior to the build, or is there a better way? I can see thatÂhttps://github.com/MagnusS/jitsu would be the way to start the application on demand and also clean it up when it is no longer being used.

I notice that there is a lot of talk of using the cubieboards for running the images. How do you handle talking with the hardware components such as the GPIOs or I2C?

Keep up the great work guys! Â