Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage tracing status

On 11 November 2014 18:49, Richard Mortier
<Richard.Mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> very nice!
>
> On 11 Nov 2014, at 15:56, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> 2. Add support to the "mirage" tool. Initially, I added support using
>> functors in the same way as for other types, but in the common case
>> where tracing starts automatically at boot and is never stopped
>> there's no reason for the unikernel to interact with the control
>> interface at all. So maybe we just need an option ("mirage configure
>> --enable-tracing"?) or something in the config.ml ("register
>> ~tracing:true ..."?).
>
> this sounds like the way to go initially. i guess if an api to control it
> dynamically is required in future, that can be added later...?

You can always use the API directly (and, currently, you have to). But
in this proposed design, *if* you have mirage set up the trace buffer
in main.ml for you, then it doesn't pass the buffer to the unikernel.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://0install.net/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA