Re: [MirageOS-devel] V1 vs V2 mirage-types

Le mercredi, 12 novembre 2014 Ã 18:16, Hannes Mehnert a Ãcrit :
> slowly following up - I still do not understand why we would want to
> have two interface versions here -- shouldn't versioning be kept at
> the package level rather than the interface level.

I don't know (yet) the specifics of mirage but having thought about that in
another context (assemblage) I also think that module signatures for API
versioning seems to be a rather bad idea and could be a source of subtle bugs
in the future. Not to mention that once you will have the relief of having
solved the versioning problem at the package level it will only be so soon that
you have to deal with it again in your code.

Best,

Daniel