Re: [MirageOS-devel] V1 vs V2 mirage-types

Le mercredi, 12 novembre 2014 Ã 23:24, Thomas Leonard a Ãcrit :
> > Why should we ever need two versions of an interface?
>

> For example, the Fat module implements the V1 FS interface. Maybe it
> will never be updated to the V2 FS interface, but I might still want
> to use FAT in my programs, alongside other, newer, filesystems.

What I didn't get here is that the discussion was about type signatures (my
thinking was about an API *implementation* that is provided through two modules
API.{V1,V2} with different signatures). So the question is rather whether the
V2 system still allows to work with V1 interfaces in a useful way, if not these
should rather be moved to an adaptor package that is able to translate V1
signatures to V2 ones.

Daniel