Subject:        [ocaml-tuntap] can't leave the persist setting unchanged (#7)
Date:   Thu, 20 Nov 2014 04:57:02 -0800
From:   Luke Dunstan <notifications@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:     vbmithr/ocaml-tuntap <ocaml-tuntap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

When I do the following, for example:

    $ sudo tunctl -u luked
    Set 'tap0' persistent and owned by uid 1000
    $ sudo ifconfig tap0 10.0.0.1/24
    $ ./nonblock_read.native tap0
    ^C

then tap0 is deleted, despite the fact that I made it persistent. To
avoid this, I think that opentap should not modify the persistence of
the device if the ?persist argument is omitted. Do you agree that this
is more friendly? If so, I'll submit a pull request. I am actually using
mirage/ocaml-tuntap but that repo doesn't have issue tracking enabled.

<https://github.com/vbmithr/ocaml-tuntap/issues/7>.