Re: [MirageOS-devel] Thoughts on the STACKV4 interface

> If we make the above changes then there is no more a raison d'etre for
> STACKV4 and we can eliminate it altogether.  The current unikernels
> that depend on stackv4 will instead depend on a subset of {udp,tcp} x
> {ipv4,ipv6}. Instead of having a DIRECT/SOCKET network stack we would
> have DIRECT/SOCKET UDP & TCP implementations.
>
> Thoughts ?

I think that's a very good idea. We introduced the STACKV4 as a means to easily
switch between DIRECT and SOCKET stacks easily. Just need to check that the
socket implementations are still easy to use/reason about in that new world
without STACK4.

Thomas