Re: [MirageOS-devel] [opam-devel] 'provides' field design proposal

Looks great, Louis!  My immediate thoughts:

- This does have the potential to complicating pinning quite a lot, which
 needs to be balanced against the better upgrade messages.  Do you think
 this will need a package selection priority the way that apt-pinning in
 Debian works (e.g. so that ocaml-tls can be selected ahead of openssl-tls
 for the TLS package).

- The forking and providing replacements would be really useful for Mirage,
 where we're having an active discussion about how to provide Xen-specific
 versions of certain packages such as Zarith.  Thomas (with any surname),
 opinions on this?

- How much damage will this do to the internal solver heuristics?

-anil