Re: [MirageOS-devel] an open arm+fpga board

  • To: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>, "mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dario Teixeira <darioteixeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2015 15:56:52 +0000 (UTC)
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 15:57:40 +0000
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s2048; d=yahoo.com; b=pGMwnZTKVtYkUO4YMVAmgpQeRq9OYzVBsie0AakZKolK/P5y3aRYKbm56b039UQEGQk4znnEfiz1LEvmpUqrgkHQeh+iIPdqAlpPWNHhj3D4b+zDeLhkwmzIH2EZTQ5wO1E27dbSfr+sUXc/Tp78x4OGTTJHX1SOoeMe2HmkKpeUGCHhFwMX6zfKyWsWh/7eFi/vWohyJsXVmNUZZM+5Pow87eJcxk6exmzuVLmCtsB+KOpK0gtL+1MAtgGUvUp/PPwaZHZjMR+ZFLIl+ZmrYeL50QbF5RJ/feX5PaCMm22e0z80QWugP06vhIDFZflJh5JQLfowRViy0SuU9VPOvg==;

Hi,

> I shouldn't be surprised when a crowdfunding thing actually works, but the
> Novena one just sent me a shipping notification and turns out to be real!
> Let
> me know if anyone in Cambridge wants to play with it next week when it
> arrives:
> https://www.crowdsupply.com/kosagi/novena-open-laptop
>
> Andy, Justin, sounds like a good rump kernel + Mirage target too...

Pardon the Mirage-noob question, but can nowadays Mirage be run on Cortex-A9
processors such as the one powering the Novena?  I was under the (perhaps
mistaken) impression that Xen required an ARM processor with virtualization
extensions, such as the Cortex A7 or A15.  If so, then this would open up
plenty of cheap but fairly powerful boards out there -- awesome!

Btw, the Freescale iMX6 chipset used in the Novena is pretty well supported
under Linux these days (I have a little ARM device based around it), and it
has given me fewer headaches than some Rockchip chipsets which shall remain
unmentioned...

Cheers,
Dario Teixeira