Re: [MirageOS-devel] An HTTP server with TLS

On 5 Jan 2015, at 09:53, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to add TLS to my Mirage web server. What's the best way to do this?
>
> My Unikernel.Main functor currently takes a (H : Cohttp_lwt.Server)
> argument. I see that main.ml configures this using:
>
> module Conduit1 = Conduit_mirage.Make(Stackv41)(Vchan1)
> module Http1 = HTTP.Make(Conduit1)
>
> Can conduit deal with TLS for me? The conduit docs say "The reason
> this library exists is to provide a degree of abstraction from the
> precise SSL library used", which suggests that it should.

Conduit_mirage doesn't support this yet -- just Conduit_lwt_unix.
Before adding it in, I was waiting for xentropyd and the C bindings
to work, which should all be in the trees.  If we could now get a
mirage-skeleton example of a manual SSL server using the TCP/IP
stack directly, then the Conduit_mirage version won't be too far
behind.