Re: [MirageOS-devel] Example with multiple interfaces

[ sorry for any duplicates -- resending from the right address so it
can hit the list ]

(so everyone else is aware -- there is indeed a PR in progress for a
two-interface forwarding example at
https://github.com/mirage/mirage-skeleton/pull/65)

On 7 January 2015 at 08:36, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Indeed -- this should just work, but you may just be running into network
> configuration issues on Unix.  It would be useful to know what backend you
> were using (Unix or Xen) and what the networking topology was that failed.
>
> A simple multiple interface echo server would be useful though.  Masoud, did
> you have a pull request planned for your network throughput tests to
> Mirage-skeleton?  That would serve as both a benchmark and regression test
> to check that traffic can flow between multiple interfaces.
>
> -anil
>
> On 30 Dec 2014, at 11:43, Michael Moon <michaelmoon.pr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> What was the problem in making ping example work?
>
> First of all, make sure that your opam is up to date (run "opam update" and
> "opam upgrade")
>
> Second, you may need root privilege in running mir-ping.
>
> Third, manually assign ip address 10.0.0.1 to your tap0 device.
>

> On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Jeremias Blendin <jeremias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently started with MirageOS and would like to configure multiple
>> interfaces with a unikernel. I experimented with the "ping" example from
>> mirage-skeleton repository, but could not get it to work. Are there any
>> examples with multiple interfaces available for beginners like me?
>>
>> Thanks you
>>
>> Jeremias

Richard Mortier
richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx