Re: [MirageOS-devel] supported platforms

On 15 Jan 2015, at 15:14, Richard Mortier <richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> having just noticed the question of what compilers etc are supported
> come up on another issue, i wondered: do we have the set of supported
> ocaml and opam versions supported canonically stated anywhere?
>
> my impression from the meeting yesterday is that it's:
>
> opam 1.1 and 1.2
> ocaml 4.01 and 4.02
>
> ...but is 4.00 supposed to be in there? any other "ocaml platform"
> pieces implicit that should be made explicit in that list?

I wouldn't be against mandating OPAM 1.2 be used, just because the
development workflow is just so much better.  I would just like a
configure check in the `mirage` tool to enforce that before we switch
off all the testing though.

On the OCaml front, supporting 4.01 and 4.02 is indeed correct.
Some libraries (such as websocket) have gone 4.02-only now, and that
needs some care.

> might not be a bad idea to note it on the website somewhere obvious.
> (and provide a template travis setup with those elements perhaps.)

Definitely -- a system requirements page of sorts in the installation
section of the site would be good.