[MirageOS-devel] irmin updates

Hi all,

Just a quick update on Irmin: I've created
https://github.com/mirage/irmin/wiki/Roadmap to keep track of the missing bits
before the 1.0 release. I'll use that to document progress on Irmin, and use it
to structure my next updates on the list.

A summary of what happened in the last weeks:

## Portability

both have forks which works fine). Need upstreaming efforts now.

- Javascript: Thomas Leonard managed to get a simple Irmin backend working on
HTML5 local storage[1]. Need to make the SHA1 computation and the zlib
compression a bit more modular in ocaml-git to be able to switch to pure OCaml
implementation when available.

- Xen: I managed to "git clone" from a Mirage unikernel[2]. Few patches to
upstream in conduit and cohttp, should be done hopefully soon.

- I've started a preliminary work on implementing of pure version of zlib in
OCaml: I've played with Huffman codes[3] and LZ77[4]. These are needed for the
related pioneer project[5] which is still looking for a volunteer (I don't plan
to work much more on that on the next couple of weeks). This could help both
the Javascript and the Xen port (but this is not in the critical path).

## Applications

- I've updated the merge-queues[6] to the new API. Was not as easy at it should
be, because of some missing functors in mirage-tc for Either.

## API

Now that I have a very rough end-to-end demonstration of irmin+mirage, my
current focus are (i) to upstream the changes to make it easier to deploy Irmin
on top of Mirage and (ii) to fix the bugs that ThomasL found out while
developing his application and improve parts of the API related to notification
and high-level concurrency.

Best,
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/talex5/cuekeeper