Re: [MirageOS-devel] Merging in Irmin

> When merged, the result needs to include the parent, even though it
> was deleted in one branch and not touched in the other. Can I do this?

Do you mean you want to control which are the parents of a commit you are
creating, even if the respective contents are not related?

You can manually create a commit by using Irmin.Private.Commit.create[1] and
save it in the (private) block store with S.Private.Commit.add[2]

Not sure how to expose that nicely to the user though... maybe allowing to
specify a "parent" optional argument to merge/update/rebase.

Thomas

[1] http://mirage.github.io/irmin/Irmin.Private.Commit.S.html#VALcreate
[2] http://mirage.github.io/irmin/Irmin.Private.S.html