Re: [MirageOS-devel] CoHTTP Design: Polymorphic Variants

Rudi,
Thanks for the reply! Great link!
Trevor
On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 5:17 PM Rudi Grinberg <rudi.grinberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Trevor,

This is the standard reference I usually refer people when they ask this:Âhttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/9367181/variants-or-polymorphic-variants

In cohttpâs case I think the benefits listed in 2, 3, and 4 apply.

Thanks,

Rudi.

On March 14, 2015 at 5:14:10 PM, Trevor Smith (trevorsummerssmith@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

I am curious to hear the design tradeoffs that were considered in choosing polymorphic variants vs variants in the code.mli types. I haven't really wrapped my head around why that decision was made, and am eager to learn more about real world use of polymorphic variants.