Re: [MirageOS-devel] who's using the channel interface from mirage-tcpip?

On 20 Mar 2015, at 13:27, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 20 March 2015 at 13:07, Mindy <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Are there any users of the Channel interface from mirage-tcpip besides
>> mirage-http (which uses it to provide an interface to cohttp)?
>
> That's the only one I know.

Likewise.

>> Alternately, are there any nice ways to automatically discover the answer to
>> this question without bothering humans?
>
> I don't know about "nice", but if you're worried about breaking
> something with an API change then it's "possible" to fork mirage-dev,
> point it at your modified tcpip library and let it rebuild everything
> (on Travis or locally).

The other option is: ask the megamirage at https://github.com/mirage/megamirage
and follow the README instructions to clone it.

A grep through there reveals:

$ grep -rl CHANNEL *|more
mirage/lib/mirage.ml
mirage/lib/mirage.mli
mirage/types/V1.mli
mirage/types/V1_LWT.mli
mirage-decks/assets/reveal.js-2.6.2/plugin/highlight/highlight.js
mirage-http/lib/HTTP_IO.ml
mirage-http/lib/HTTP_IO.mli
mirage-platform/xen/runtime/ocaml/io.h
mirage-tcpip/channel/channel.mli
ocaml-tls/rfc/rfc5746.txt

There may be be others of course, but if they're not tracked in the megamirage
repository cluster then the other only way of finding them will be via the
GitHub search UI.

> It would be nice if there were a web UI where you could paste a set of
> git URLs and have it rebuild everything with those URLs pinned.

Absolutely.  I've actually just fixed the
https://github.com/mirage/is-mirage-broken build after your mirage-skeleton
changes, but it's the ideal candidate for this.  The scripts could be extended
to regularly build *all* branches of mirage-dev.  Then the flow of work would
simply be to push to an experimental mirage-dev branch and wait for
is-mirage-broken to build all the packages.