Re: [MirageOS-devel] Error handling in Mirage - request for comments!

Le dimanche, 29 mars 2015 Ã 12:54, Thomas Leonard a Ãcrit :
> However, exceptions do exist in OCaml.
But should only be used for programming errors â Division_by_zero,
Invalid_argument â and/or unrecoverable conditions â Out_of_memory,
Stack_overflow. (And possibly local control flow but you should never see those
destroy your stack)

> It seems unlikely to me that this is the desired behaviour. If all
> errors were exceptions then the code would likely handle all these
> cases.

By silently swallowing the exception which is the best way of creating obscure
bugs and disfunctional software that take hours to debug as this exception was
either a programming error or an unrecoverable condition.

Daniel