Re: [MirageOS-devel] mirage-www on xen and networking (on ARM)

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 09:00:27PM +0100, David Scott wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
[...]
>> This time around I don't get anything in reply to my requests
>> though.
>
> This is probably because my debug suggestion removed the assert and
> probably confused the higher layers.

Indeed, I put back the assert statement, after the if, and started
getting the partial reply again.

> Unless I'm misreading this, I think it must be a bug in
> mirage-net-xen (the ethernet driver) misreading the ethernet frames
> somehow? Or perhaps the peer host is sending extra junk on the end
> of its IP packets but within the ethernet frames?
>
> What kind of network are you using?

It's a standard cable modem & router (Netgear).  The cubietruck is
connected directly to the modem.  I'm issuing the HTTP from a laptop,
and both a wireless and wired connection gives the same behaviour.

> I've filed this issue for now:
>
> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-net-xen/issues/24

Excellent.  Let me know if there's something else I should try.

I was planning on capturing some traffic from a third system to see
what's actually on the network, but I don't think I'll find the time
to do that until towards the end of the week.

/M

email: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx   jabber: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
     -- Hector Louis Berlioz