[MirageOS-devel] Interested in Pioneer Projects

Hello MirageOS-devel,

I’m interested in learning more about contributing to some pioneer projects. In particular, there are several projects which I wouldn’t mind taking a deeper look at:

* deflate: I’m interested in streaming algorithms in OCaml generally.
* WebIDL: I’m very interested in doing front-end work in js_of_ocaml, though I have no familiarity with WebIDL and am a little unsure of the purpose here.
* Syslogd: This seems like a simple enough project just to get my feet wet with unikernel development

In addition the “semantics of mergeable data-structures” is interesting, though the description was brief.

Anyway, I don’t claim to have an enormous amount of free time and am certainly more interested in just getting my feet wet a bit, but I’d love to hear from some of the mentors related to each project and see if anything seems like it might be a reasonable fit for me. Perhaps the best option would be something with simple and fast payout that is of high value to the community. I’m more than happy to do a little grunt work to learn from the best on how to do OCaml development.

Cheers,
Joseph Abrahamson

Sent from Mailbox