Re: [MirageOS-devel] Notes on testing

On 6 May 2015 at 10:18, Mindy <mindy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks for writing these up :) progress notes:
>
> On 05/06/2015 01:31 AM, Richard Mortier wrote:
>>

>> [mort]: Document that `mirage-net-pcap` should be used to gather
>> `.pcap` files for a bug report.
>
> I'll soon release a version of `mirage-net-pcap` that plays nicely with
> `mirage-vnetif` rather than reimplementing it poorly, and also supports
> actual file writes (wow!).
>>
>> [mindy]: Build a simple example of testing for a single-layer of the
>> stack (ARP) using Irmin.
>
> I wrote about this a little while ago, but it's bundled-up with thoughts on
> implementing the cache data structure as an Irmin store and makes for an
> exceedingly poor how-to; I'll split this up and make the just-test-a-thing
> piece a bit more coherent.

I'm not sure it was ever announced on this list, so here's the link
for people interested in the ARP-cache-on-Irmin experiments (I assume
this is what you're referring to):

http://www.somerandomidiot.com/blog/2015/04/24/what-a-distributed-version-controlled-ARP-cache-gets-you/

We do need more Irmin tutorials though. I've had some requests for a
more technical follow-up to the CueKeeper post, so I may write
something there too about Irmin, but the ARP cache example is probably
a better place for an introduction.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA