Re: [MirageOS-devel] More troubles with tcp on ARM

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 05:01:18PM +0800, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> On 12 Apr 2015, at 16:51, Magnus Therning <magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 11:33:40PM +0800, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> >> On 11 Apr 2015, at 23:13, Magnus Skjegstad <magnus@xxxxx> wrote:
> >>>
> > I backed to tcpip 2.3.0 (before the assert "fix") then
> >
> > 1. `ncat` from dom0 works just fine, no assert and full string
> >   received and returned.
> > 2. `ncat` from my PC triggers the assert, the full string is received
> >   and returned, but `ncat` hangs.
>
> The perfect bisection, thank you!  This means that the Cstruct length
> is shorter than the advertised packet length in the IP header for
> some reason.  See:
>
> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-tcpip/pull/122/files#diff-1b30afa1d7f89fe0693b36ef4006c6f4L178
>
> Some more debugging around what the various values are would pin
> down the problem.  You could put in some Printf.printfs around
> the TCPIP code and see what comes out on the VM console.
>

> > Is there some pre-packaged ARM Linux guest image to download from
> > somewhere?
>
> There's a create-linux-guest script in /root of the Cubie/Xen
> image.  That should debootstrap you up a guest quite conveniently.
> However, it looks like you've pinpointed the problem source in the
> TCPIP code (that only triggers on ARM).

I just thought I'd report that this issue remains, even after an
upgrade to the latest packages yesterday.

/M

email: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx   jabber: magnus@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
     -- Quote from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs