Re: [MirageOS-devel] Any way to get caml4p to run on ARM (cubietruck)?

On 20 May 2015, at 00:07, Daniel BÃnzli <daniel.buenzli@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le mercredi, 20 mai 2015 Ã 00:45, Magnus Therning a Ãcrit :
>> I can't seem to get `camlp4` to run to completion when building on
>> ARM. I cloned mirage-decks, added a small deck, and then removed all
>> the others in an attempt to limit the compile time resource needs...
>> but still:
>
> In the past I had similar problems on rpi with camlp4 because it was using
> too much memory and had to manually increase the swap size (see [1]). Is it
> maybe a similar problem ?

Increasing swap is a definite necessity.  I also notice that Magnus
is compiling mirage-decks, which has grown very large recently, and so
has outgrown `crunch`.  I usually create a new `slides/` folder with
just my current talk and the `slides/templates/` folder and then compile
that on ARM instead.

Do you want to try that and see if it improves things on your Cubie, Magnus?