Re: [MirageOS-devel] new version of mirage-tcpip (2.5.0)

On 10 June 2015 at 19:53, Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just released into opam a new version of mirage-tcpip (v2.5.0). This
> version fixes a few "interesting" issues:
>
> - [1] extra trailing bits in packets (produced by some misbehaving network
> drivers?) are now removed (and are not ACKed anymore by the stack)
> - [2] RST packets are now handled properly: related resources are now garbage
> collected, writes in a reset flow returns an error, packets are not ACKed
> anymore after a RST has been received, etc.

> - [3] the computation of the window size for out-of-order packets is fixed.
> This fixes weird retransmissions issues which happened sometimes.

To clarify this: I don't know what causes the retransmissions, but
getting a retransmitted packet would cause the tx window size to
shrink to zero, preventing any further data from being sent back on
that stream. If, for example, this happened to a request from a
browser, the browser would wait forever for the resource.

> Moreover, there is a new logging system which can let the application turn
> on/off debug statements at runtime, for most of the Tcp modules (see [4] for
> the API and [5] for an example of use).
>
> Happy hacking,
> Thomas
>
> [1]: https://github.com/mirage/mirage-net-xen/issues/24
> [2]: https://github.com/mirage/mirage/issues/406#issuecomment-108609749
> [3]: https://github.com/mirage/mirage-tcpip/pull/146#issuecomment-109268919
> [4]: https://github.com/mirage/mirage-tcpip/blob/master/tcp/log.mli
> [5]: https://github.com/mirage/mirage-tcpip/pull/142#issuecomment-107699541

Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA