Re: [MirageOS-devel] Timestamp representation and CLOCK

On 9 July 2015 at 17:37, Daniel BÃnzli <daniel.buenzli@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le jeudi, 9 juillet 2015 Ã 17:07, Richard Mortier a Ãcrit :
>> Or, given this is all in-unikernel (isn't it?) how about the unikernel
>> specifies it's own epoch and range (and/or precision) at compile time?
>
> That seems like a recipe for disaster (and it would be hard to support at the
> library level).

Was thinking simply in terms of using an int64 and then picking the
position of the fixed point at compile time so the unikernel could
trade precision for range. Not sure why it would necessarily lead to
disaster, though I agree it would be more complex to support.

--
Richard Mortier
richard.mortier@xxxxxxxxxxxx