Re: [MirageOS-devel] Dispatching boilerplate and the tutorial

Hi,

>> I wonder how feasible it is to define various new modules/combinators that
>> are usable in the config files, such as a fully setup HTTP(S) *server*
>> stack, or a crunch device (without the need to redefine read_fs[3]
>> everywhere ...). The main issue I see is that it adds even more things in
>> mirage/mirage-types....
>
> It would be nice not to have to redefine read_fs everywhere, certainly.
> I don't see a problem with extending mirage/mirage-types per se.

It's indeed a good idea to put all of this things in one place that apps can
reuse easily. Currently`mirage-types` is an interface file only, so I'm not
sure that's the right place to put these kind of things here. A possibility
would be to create a `mirage-X` package for every X module type with this kind
of common functors, that every app can then use and link with.

A lots of things in MirageOS grew organically, so it's always a good idea to
refactor things and clean things.

Best,
Thomas