Re: [MirageOS-devel] github xen git mirror

On 12 May 2015 at 16:56, Thomas Leonard <talex5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12 May 2015 at 16:39, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]
>>> Thanks! I've rebased my "devel" branch (with the ARM support) from the
>>> Xen repository to a fork of the new Mini-OS repository (now on
>>> "master"):
>>>
>>>  https://github.com/talex5/mini-os
>>>
>>> You should be able to build and install with:
>>>
>>> git clone https://github.com/talex5/mini-os.git
>>> cd mini-os
>>> git submodule update --init
>>> make install PREFIX=`opam config var prefix`
>>
>> Good stuff.  How does this hook into the mirage-minios-xen repository?  Do
>> we need to disable the local MiniOS installation there for this one to be
>> picked up?
>
> Sorry, should be said: this is just a hack for testing changes
> quickly. It overwrites the mirage-minios-xen files.
>
>> If so, it might be worth breaking up that repository into individual OPAM
>> packages so that they can pinned separately...
>
> Yes, that might be easier.

This is now done. There is now a separate "minios-xen" opam package
(and mirage-xen-minios now just depends on that). You should now be
able to pin my minios-xen Git repository to test the latest version,
just as for any other library, e.g.

  opam pin add minios-xen https://github.com/talex5/mini-os.git

As part of this, I've also made a new Mini-OS release (0.7):

* First release from the separate Mini-OS repository
* x86: Don't print a stack trace on exit
* printf now supports %z
* Don't use -fno-tree-loop-distribute-patterns if the compiler doesn't
support it (@hannesm)
* Remove "Cannot handle page request order %d!" warning - just return
NULL on OOM
* Add opam file for easier installation

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA