Re: [MirageOS-devel] MirageOS fortnightly call - Wednesday 29th at 4pm BST (GMT+1)

To follow up on the Mini-OS testing, as the audio kept breaking up:

You can install Xen in Debian inside VirtualBox and use that for testing.

You can run "make" in the Mini-OS directory to build a "mini-os"
kernel image, which can be run directly. There are various options
that can be used, e.g.

  make CONFIG_TEST=y

To test a modified Mini-OS with Mirage:

1. First, follow the Mirage guide to check you can run with the
existing version:
  https://mirage.io/wiki/install
2. Run "opam pin add minios-xen ." in your mini-os Git checkout.
3. In a mirage-skeleton example, do a "make clean && make".

Reinstalling the minios-xen opam package will recompile everything
that depends on it, which is a bit slow. Unless you're changing the
header files or pkg-config metadata, you can do a quick test with:

  make && make install PREFIX=`opam config var prefix`

Then just "make" in your unikernel directory (e.g.
mirage-skeleton/console) to link with the new libminios.a.

On 29 July 2015 at 15:56, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks, the link for the Hangout in 5mins is:
> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/gq7e36svyh3okzlban3s65nwnya
>
>> On 28 Jul 2015, at 19:28, Amir Chaudhry <amc79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Resuming our regular schedule, the next MirageOS dev call will take place on
>> Wednesday afternoon at 4pm BST (GMT+1.  As always, the call is open to all.
>>
>> It'll be on Google hangout and weâll share the link shortly beforehand â
>> both by email and in the IRC channel (#mirage on freenode).
>>
>> The agenda for this week is currently as follows (subject to change):
>>
>> â Quality and Test
>>       â Bug review
>> â Mirage.io infrastructure
>> â Pioneer Projects
>> â Rust
>>
>> If you have things to add/edit, please do so at
>> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-www/wiki/Call-Agenda
>>
>> Join us at 4pm BST on Wednesday!
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Amir

Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA