Re: [MirageOS-devel] Recommended device for MirageOS

Not too sure if the progress on cubie4 has completely stopped but spoke with one of the guys that has contributed a lot of the Merrii optimus board (A80) code who indicated as much. I'll try and dig up some more information when I get back to the uk.

Yes, firing up some arm A53s running mirage would be a great demonstrator. I'll look around for a suitable board.

--- Original Message ---

From: "Anil Madhavapeddy" <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 27 August 2015 1:26 pm
To: "Nick Betteridge" <buzzheavyyear@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Richard Mortier" <mort@xxxxxxxxxx>, mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [MirageOS-devel] Recommended device for MirageOS

Do you mean that the upstream progress of the Cubie4 has stopped?  That's not a good sign -- although the 64 bit v8 architecture in the next rev is very exciting indeed!  OCaml trunk has a native code generator for it, which works well enough in my qemu testing so far, so Mirage itself shouldn't be very difficult to get running.

-a