Re: [MirageOS-devel] Fwd: Amazon EC2 support now in Rumprun

>> From the Rump lists -- it looks increasingly complex to boot a unikernel in
>> EC2 when using non-S3 storage.

Iâm going to see if I can do anything to make booting on EC2 easier.

One important thing about the EC2 build functionality that Antti implemented
into rumprunâ..  he appears to have included a configuration file for the
rumpkernel and also included iso9660 files in the volume that boots the kernel.
 It appears somehow that the kernel picks up this config file and rather
cleverly also picks up and mounts the included iso 9660 images.

This is a rather elegant solution to the problem of including static files with
the unikernel, sidesteps the need to include static files in the unikernel as
part of the compliation process, and yet packages the whole thing into a single
EC2 EBS boot volume.

I donât know a whole lot about MirageOS but Iâm wondering if it can do the same
thing?  If not, it is worth considering adding to MirageOS as the problem of
including static files with the unikernel without compiling and without need
for an external block device is a significant one.  Antti seems to have solved
it here at least for use cases that work with an ISO 9660 file system. I might
be wrong cause I havenât played with it too much yet but thatâs my current
understanding.

Anyone at MirageOS know if your system can do the same thing?

as