Re: [MirageOS-devel] Possible to build for Xen HVM?

On 23 Sep 2015, at 23:48, Andrew Stuart <andrew.stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Can I build for Xen HVM or is only PV supported?
>
> If I can build for Xen HVM, would someone mind pointing me to the
> instructions please as so far I canât see them.

Only PV is supported right now, although there have been two efforts in the
past.

Jon Ludlam posted some patches for an HVM MiniOS, but there have been
significant changes in it since (ARM support, and a separate upstream) that it
will need some work to re-adapt.

Martin Lucina has got a version of Mirage that builds using Rumprun, which
requires a bit of cross-compilation.  The resulting kernel boots as HVM, but
the patches haven't been inlined yet.

What's your Xen/HVM usecase?  Is it a cloud provider that only supports it, or
some other reason why PV boot isn't enough?

-a