[MirageOS-devel] [ANN] irmin-chunk

Hi all,

I've packaged and released irmin-chunk[1,2], a library developed during the
summer by Mounir Nasr Allah. This allows to store large blobs into small chunks
of the same size, while keeping the keys of value stable (ie. the fact that we
are changing the way blobs are stored is transparent to the user).

Once all your blobs have the same size (basically 1 page), it becomes a bit
easier to store them on raw block devices... Also having smaller blobs means
deduplication will work much better: when you modify a bit on a large blob,
with irmin-chunk you'll have only to add a few new pages (one new page for the
chunk of blob modified, and one new page per node on the path to the root of
the tree of chunks).

To use it, simply `opam install irmin-chunk`.

I've also re-organised Irmin's README[3] a bit to make it clearer. Please add
your project in there if it is not already listed!

Thomas

[1]: https://github.com/mirage/irmin-chunk
[2]: https://mirage.github.io/irmin-chunk/Irmin_chunk.html
[3]: https://github.com/mirage/irmin/blob/master/README.md