Re: [MirageOS-devel] Security Protocol Analyzers

Le mardi, 15 dÃcembre 2015 Ã 00:27, Thomas Gazagnaire a Ãcrit :
> To my knowledge, no components of MirageOS have a full formal proof. There
> are various on-going formalisation efforts around TLS[1] and TCP (lead by
> David and Hannes) and few other people have expressed interest into
> formalising packet parsing code with Coq but this hasn't lead to something
> concrete yet.
>
> I am very interested by anything going into that direction, so any
> formalisation contribution is *very* welcome :-)
Well I can provide you with many tautological formalisations for any component
of MirageOS, hence I bet you are not interested about *any* formalisation.

So my question to you and Michele is what properties are you actually
interested to prove ? The notion of "full formal proof" for itself doesn't make
much sense.

This even more that most standard protocols out there neither have a formal
model of legal message exchange beyond a few ambiguous natural language
assertions, nor do they come up with an actual model in which the properties
they are supposed to guarantee can be asserted.

Daniel