Re: [MirageOS-devel] ANN: cstruct 0.7.1

On 15 December 2015 at 14:07, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now on OPAM:
>
> Cstruct 1.7.1 (2015-12-15):
> * Correct error output for `LE.get_uint16` on invalid bounds (#75)
> * Fix `fillv`. If the source didn't fit in the buffer then we
>   skipped the amount we wanted to copy, not the amount actually copied (#77).
>
> The second bugfix is quite important if you have any private code that used
> Cstruct.fillv.  There was nothing much in the published trees except for
> mirage-net-xen, which Thomas Leonard is dealing with.  Thanks to Mindy
> Preston for the first fix.

Thanks! I think the path in mirage-net-xen is only triggered if you
send a network packet > 2048 bytes. This won't happen normally, since
Ethernet frames can't be this big.

I suspect this code path is never used and is probably buggy even
without the fillv problem. I'm currently reading the Linux source code
to find out how it's supposed to work.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA