Re: [MirageOS-devel] utilizing multicore systems

On 15 January 2016 at 08:58, Stefan Xenon <stefanxe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
> I would like to understand better how Mirage is used on multi-core systems.
>
> I understand that usually one unikernel can be started on each core. The
> unikernels would be totally independent and vchan can be used for
> connecting those unikernels. If all unikernel instances are of the same
> type (e.g. serving a website), is there any mechanism to support
> clustering or load sharing among them or would this have to be
> implemented manually by deploying a separate load balancer for instance?
>
> I'm considering buying ODROID-XU4 which provides several Cortex-A15 and
> Cortex-A7 cores. In that case, how can I define on which core a specific
> unikernel will be started?

I'm not sure anyone has got Mirage working on the ODROID-XU4 yet:

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/minios-devel/2015-12/msg00025.html
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/minios-devel/2016-01/msg00000.html

If you have time to fix it, that would be great though...

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA