Re: [MirageOS-devel] Mirage on Raspberry Pi 3

  • To: Joel Hughes <rudenoise@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 16:14:32 +0000
  • Cc: mirageos-devel <mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Campbell <ijc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 16:14:37 +0000

Congratulations on getting your hands on an rPi3! :-)

Anecdotally, the rPi 3 still doesnt have the interrupt controller wired up to support virtualisation very effectively, but I don't have one to try out yet (hopefully on Monday).  CCing Ian Campbell who might know more.

If this doesn't work out though, see if you can get KVM to work with a Linux guest.  The work on Solo5 means that a KVM ARM port is reasonably straightforward if we go down that path...

-Anil