Re: [MirageOS-devel] Compiling C components for mirage-xen

On 17 January 2016 at 01:56, Tim Cuthbertson <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 1:41 AM, Hannes Mehnert <hannes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> On 01/08/2016 11:19, Tim Cuthbertson wrote:
>>> I'd like to use `Bcrypt` from the `safepass` opam module in passe[0].
>>> There is sadly no `safepass-xen` package, and trying to just use
>>> `safepass` results in link errors:
>>
>> I wonder whether it'd be more than a day of work to implement bcrypt
>> directly in OCaml.  Would for sure safe from linking trouble (and be
>> automatically memory safe).  An initial version might be 50% or 90% of
>> the speed of the pure C variant, but does this really matter for bcrypt?
>

> I would certainly be happy with an ocaml implementation, but am not
> sure that I'd trust myself to code one up, not having implemented any
> low-level crypto algorithms before. If
> https://github.com/mirleft/ocaml-nocrypto/issues/71 happened I'd
> probably be pleased :)

Not sure if this is suitable for what you want, but a PKBDF OCaml
package has just turned up in opam:

  http://opam.ocaml.org/packages/pbkdf/pbkdf.0.1.0/

Seems to work in Mirage unikernels.

--
Dr Thomas Leonard        http://roscidus.com/blog/
GPG: DA98 25AE CAD0 8975 7CDA  BD8E 0713 3F96 CA74 D8BA