Re: [MirageOS-devel] nocrypto with ECC?

  • To: mirageos-devel <MirageOS-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: David Kaloper Meršinjak <dk505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 15:48:07 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 14:48:46 +0000

[re-send as it  bounced]

Hey Stefan,

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Stefan Xenon <stefanxe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm wondering about nocrypto's future and in particular if there are any
> specific plans to add ECC support to nocrypto?

Yes.

I have the bulk of an ECC implementation for Weierstrass curves (over
large characteristic fields) sitting on my disk. I have some code for
Edwards curves too. I need to bring this into shape before releasing
it, but it's in the pipeline.

Other stuff that's in the pipeline is a much faster version of GCM,
and potentially some more ciphers.

> Also, reading nocrypto's issue tickets gives me the impression that
> significant work is required to make it a solid and mature library. Are
> there any plans to address those?

Which issues are of particular concern to you?

Best,
David