Re: [MirageOS-devel] Setting networking in vagrant virtualbox

You saved my day! Thanks a lot :-)

--
Arnaud Bailly

twitter: abailly
skype: arnaud-bailly

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 10:26 PM, Jochen Bartl <jochenbartl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arnaud Bailly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> (retry sending due to incorrect subscription address)
>
> I am trying to run mirage unikernels on a local VM on my laptop and I am
> stuck at a frustrating point. What I want to achieve is being able to query
> mirage-www unikernel runnning inside domU inside vagrant VM from my laptop.
> Here is what I did:
>
>  - installed ubuntu 14.04 Vagrant VM from
> https://github.com/mirage/mirage-vagrant-vms/
>  - configured the VM to have a host-only network interface at 192.168.77.2
>  - build mirage-www unikernel inside the VM with the following
> configuration:
> mirage configure --xen -vv --net direct --dhcp false --ip 192.168.77.3
> --netmask 255.255.255.0 --gateways 192.168.77.2 --tls false --network=0
>  - configure a br0 interface inside the VM:
>
> auto br0
> iface br0 inet static
>     bridge_ports eth1
>     address 192.168.77.2
>     broadcast 192.168.77.255
>     netmask 255.255.255.0

Hi Arnaud,

I don't have any experience with this setup yet, but you could try
changing the Promiscuous Mode of the Host-Only adapter to "Allow All"
and reboot the VM.

I have to do the same for Unetlab [1], when I want to reach nested VMs
or other network devices that are connected to a bridge inside the
VirtualBox VM.

Regards,

Jochen

1) http://www.unetlab.com/