Re: [MirageOS-devel] Instructions for installing MirageOS version 3?

On 12/28/17 22:06, Andrew Stuart wrote:
Hi folks,

Where can I find instructions for installing version 3?

As shown, opam says it has only 2.9.1

ubuntu@ip-10-0-0-194:~$ opam list mirage
# Available packages for system:
mirage  2.9.1  The MirageOS library operating system
ubuntu@ip-10-0-0-194:~$

thanks

Andrew Stuart

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the late reply, but your message only just showed up in my mail client - perhaps it was caught in moderation?

At any rate, it's likely that you either haven't run `opam update` in a very long time, or are running a version of OCaml that isn't supported by MirageOS 3.  The minimum recommended and supported version is 4.04.2 ; 4.05.0 is more recent and also supported for all backends.  To get a more recent compiler, try `opam update` and then `opam sw 4.04.2` or `opam sw 4.05.0`, followed by `eval $(opam config env)`, then let us know if you don't see a more recent version of Mirage.

Thanks,

Mindy