[MirageOS-devel] Changes to Outreachy program : need URGENT input from mentors (was Re: Preparing for GSoC and Outreachy )

Hi all, (mentors on CC list)

a quick note that there are significant changes to Outreachy this year, which in my view will make it a little harder to participate.

Namely
* This round, instead of having communities create landing pages on their own websites or wikis coordinators and mentors will create accounts on the Outreachy website
* This means we would have to copy projects from our wiki to https://www.outreachy.org - I don't know what the template is yet, but this may create some extra work for mentors
* The Outreachy application period opens in two weeks, on February 12.
* Apart from this, there is fairly little information on the timeline and process for this round and Outreachy mail ended up in my spam folder: I was polling the website for info and there was not much

Current status:
* I have claimed the Xen Project page on https://www.outreachy - waiting for it to be approved (I tried with an xenproject.org alias which did not work)
* We have funding for one intern (maybe more) and thus qualify. Whether I can find more funds, depends on the cost of the developer summit. Hopefully I will know more this week (I expect concrete developer summit proposal this week)

Need input:
* For us too participate I need at least 3-4 mentors and projects to be added to https://www.outreachy.org
* If you are willing to do this, please raise your hand now by replying to this thread or contacting me privately and I will help

Best Regards
Lars