Re: [MirageOS-devel] Questions from potential new MirageOS Ocaml user

Hi Luther,

Thanks very much for your thoughtful message, which only just reached my inbox.  I see Mort has already replied to a few of your questions, but to address:

5) Not a deal-breaker, but MirageOS needs a real user guide/manual, preferably available in pdf, or better yet a book, but not just blogs as they mostly have now. I would like more documentation beyond concept-introduction papers too, emphasizing developer-needed knowledge in actually using MirageOS day to day. Correct me if I am wrong by pointing out such references. Ultimately a book that also addressed the above 4 issues as well would be fantastic.

We had some discussion about what such a book (tentatively dubbed the "MirageOS Handbook") should contain at the most recent hack retreat in March.  The rough-draft table of contents is on GitHub at https://github.com/mirage/mirage-handbook .  Your mail contained an excellent set of questions, some of which (if answered) could be chapters themselves.

I wonder whether any of the other contributors would be interested in a documentation sprint for the Handbook sometime this summer.

Thanks,
Mindy Preston