Re: [MirageOS-devel] uri interface change for sexp serialisation

  • To: mirageos-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Joe <joe@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:16:13 +0200

On 10/15/2018 04:36 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
Dear all,

I wanted to make you aware of an upcoming change to how sexp serialisers are
exposed in a forthcoming version of Uri.

Rather than having them as base dependencies, we now have `uri.sexp` library
that exposes a Uri_sexp module in which those serialisers are kept.

I think that sounds like a good change and welcome it whole-heartedly. :-)

Is there a reason you opted for a .sexp (ocamlfind package or whatever that is called) instead of an opam package `uri-sexp`?

I think for many of our libraries it's a little bit unfortunate that you have to deal with various json/sexp ppx converter stuff as build dependencies even if you never plan to use it.